2016년 4월 25일 월요일

week 14, Webtoon!

In Korea, we usually called web comic to 'WebToon' and it became very successful in the Korean comic industries. There are few reasons but I think the biggest reason is awareness of copyright. Almost 15 years ago, there are a lot of comics published by author but most of readers didn't buy the book but downloaded scanned comics to read from internet. Korean comic industries were almost corrupted and web comic was published at same time. They show the comic free but put advertisement end of the comic. Nowadays, it became major comic industries in the Korea.

Here is the site to translated to English and this is a site to read. http://www.webtoons.com/en/ 

I loved to watch 'The stories of Those around me' and 'salty studio'. it was created by omyo, who is comic artist and illustrator, both of them are romance comic and I felt some sympathy when I read.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기